Sunday, January 12, 2014

Project 52: Week 2. Patience.

I've felt for a very long time that I was blessed with my youngest daughter to teach me the fine art of patience.  I've got over 5 years of lessons from this child (including my pregnancy with her) and I still feel as though I have yet to actually learn patience.

I often wonder if patience is something that can be learned or if it really is something that comes from within, because there are days when I feel like I've got nothing left to give.  Those are also the days when I remember to stop and take a step back, take a deep breath and just be.  I have got to remind myself that she is, in fact, my exact replica, which is probably a large part of the reason why I find her so hard to handle at times.  This child is the epitome of me, only magnified by about 100 times.


I went and took some pictures of a creek nearby my house tonight.  The creek is jammed up with ice, people had to be evacuated from their homes due to the flooding and yet the water underneath the ice looks so calm, so peaceful.  It is just patiently waiting for the ice jams to release so it can flow free again.  I think that perhaps, patience is just that, the ability to wait for that moment of clarity so you can be free from the jamming thoughts that often come with a tough situation or person that has tried your patience to every extreme.

Patience is a virtue ... work in progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment