Monday, January 20, 2014

Project 52: Week 3. Time.

It's funny how people seem to always take time for granted.  Some people even expect that there will be time to do the things that they want to do but don't have the money or time to do them now.   But then one day *poof* they've missed that opportunity.   People are too busy going here or there, spending money they don't have on things they don't want to spend it on, wishing it were the weekend and dreading it when it's Monday.

It's true, I wish everyday for it to be Friday.  And even though I wish today was Friday, I didn't waste time wishing THIS day away.  In fact, for the first time in a long time, I actually just stopped my car and took a photo of a scene that I see every day and say "Oh, that would be so pretty snow covered" and I've made an excuse to NOT stop and grab that photo ... oh, I gotta get home, it's too cold, it's snowing too hard ... etc.... well, today, I decided to stop and smell the roses ... figuratively speaking, of course (although a beautiful red rose coming out of the snow certainly would be a fabulous photo opp).  It literally took me all of about 2 minutes and I felt good about myself because I finally did it.  There are so many scenes that I see that I say "that would make a beautiful photo" and don't stop.  Why???  Well, it's simple ... I'm usually on my way somewhere else and just don't have the time.  Or do I?  Well, will it REALLY matter if I'm a few minutes later then I anticipated?  Anyone who knows me well enough, knows that the answer to that question is a resounding "YES" it matters ... because I'm punctual, and rarely late for anything.  And being even 2 minutes later then I anticipated just throws everything off .... but it doesn't have to.  This is just a character flaw of mine that hopefully, someday, I'll be able to overcome.

I'm going to make myself a promise...  whenever I have my camera on me (which, just for the record, I have been carrying with me everywhere I go for the past 20 days) and if I see something that is appealing to my eye and I think to myself "that would make a beautiful photo", I'm going to stop and take that picture.  As long as it's a safe stop -- there is this one shot off of the thruway that I would just LOVE to shoot, but it really isn't a safe place to just stop and take a photo .... not to mention the fact that with my luck, I'd probably get ticketed by the cop who's having a REALLY bad day!!! LOL

So above I mentioned how I stopped and grabbed that photo .. well here it is:


It is at a little bed & breakfast out by where I work.  And I just LOVE how this turned out!!! I hope you do too!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment